The XC's John Lofranco and Michael Doyle each pick three big winners and losers from the elite-only event in St. James' Park.
You can listen to the pod right here👆by hitting the play button, or you can listen (and subscribe!) to Winners & Losers feed here:
John's big winners in London:
- Short loop courses
- Elite racing
- Canadian Tristan Woodfine, who qualified for the Olympics
Michael's big winners in London:
- Every top-level marathoner in the world not named Eliud Kipchoge
- Next year's Olympic Marathon (if it happens)
- Asics, after Sara Hall's phenomenal run in a prototype shoe
- The presumptive winners going into the race
- Mass participation in races
- Canadian record-holder Cam Levins, who DNF'ed
- The London Marathon itself
- The sport
- Eliud Kipchoge’s legacy
Watch the finish of both the men's and women's races below:
WHAT IS WINNERS AND LOSERS?
The XC's John Lofranco and Michael Doyle break down the winners and losers of marathon running events, including all the Marathon Majors, World Championships and big cross-country and track meets from around the world. Warning: the takes may get 🔥.